Saturday, August 28, 2010

8 weeks





Kya is growing and growing! Sometimes she eats 6 ounces! I think she is going through a little growth spurt right now because she wants to eat more frequently and eats a lot at a time. We let her cry one day - only to discover she really was hungry not just cranky. I felt so bad when she sucked down 5 ounces in record time. We have started to figure out that she really only cries like crazy if she's starving. There have been a few times that she has fussed herself to sleep, but that only lasts for 10-15 minutes and it's just random whimpers with an occasional cry. We have survived our first week of day care, and she has done so well! The first day she slept the entire 3 hours, which was bad because she was awake and screaming in the afternoon. I never let her sleep that long during the day anymore (at least not until she is taking fewer naps). Eric and I are so thankful that the church has children's day out for infants, so we have something part time and it's cheap. Plus, since Eric works there, we don't have to work any days, and Kya always has a spot even if we show up late. She has started raising her head a lot now, and she has definitely become more aware of her surroundings. She has started smiling at us when we smile at her, which has been really cool. Plus, sometimes when we're talking to her, she answers with a little coo. Eric and I have truly enjoyed watching her grow, and she's only 8 weeks! The picture of her in her little red dress is her first day of children's day out, and the others are around the apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment