Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2 months








Kya had her two month appointment on September 3rd, and she weighed in at 11 lbs 2 oz and 23.5 inches. She is in the 50th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. We were getting excited that maybe Kya would be tall until my mom burst our bubble that yours truly was in the 90th percentile for height when I was little, and we all know how that turned out - I stopped growing at 2 until I was about 13. With two short parents, Kya will most likely be short! Kya also had to get two shots and drink one immunization, which gave her diarrhea. Kya didn't cry when she got the first shot, but she did when she got the second, and dang it my eyes teared up exactly like they did the last time she got a shot. It's like the instant I hear her cry out in pain, my eyes tear up. It's terrible! Eric made me hold her, and after I cried, he promised to hold her from now on. We both hate her getting shots, but we know it's for the best! Then, Pop Noah and Nana came in town that night. I am so glad that they picked this weekend because I was sick with a nasty cold, and they took the late night feedings and helped take care of little K. My dad told me that he actually planned his meeting in Huntsville so that he could come visit - I guess when you're the boss, you can do that. Apparently, they are going to start having monthly meetings in Huntsville.... One new thing Kya has started doing is sucking her thumb, which I think is funny, but we try to discourage it by taking her thumb out when she starts doing it. It's weird to me that she has just started doing it, but I guess she finally found her thumb. We have tried to give her a pacifier, but she always spits it out unless we hold it or put her hand up to her face so she can hold it. Also, the Jersey Shore girl onesie is a gift from our dear friend Katie who is from New Jersey. I am in no way endorsing the MTV Jersey Shore show, but I think Kya looks so cute in this onesie! Thanks Aunt Katie! The next photo is Kya watching TV. She squirms around until she can see the TV all the time. Eric claims that Sportscenter is her favorite show. The last photo is showing Kya flipped 180 degrees from how I put her down. I have no idea how she does this. I guess I should put a camera in there to film it. I can't believe how big little girl is getting, and she has started to smile all the time. It is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment