Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ballard Family Christmas (a week early!)




Today we had our first family Christmas with Kya. Eric and I started the tradition of having our own Christmas before we go to our parents, and this will be the last year we have it early. Kya got up at 5 am because she has a cold, but thankfully, we all went back to sleep after she ate. Poor thing - she is teething (we had a nasty smelling poop today that verified our suspicions!) and has a cold. So, I went and got donuts from Daylight after I checked the nutrition facts to make sure I wouldn't have to take Eric to the emergency room with high blood sugar if he ate one. Surprisingly, a glazed donut only has 8 grams of sugar and 20 grams of carbs, which is not bad at all and better than most candy bars. Anyways, by the time, I got home Eric and Kya were up, and we decided to open presents. We opened all of Kya's presents first from us and my parents. She got LOTS of toys, gift cards for a car seat, and a cd/clock radio. She actually helped us with the wrapping paper. It was so cute! Then, Eric and I took turns opening our presents. I was so excited that Eric with the help of Sandy and Randy got me a GPS! We tried it out this afternoon, and I LOVE it. My parents got us gift cards galore, and they got me suits earlier and got Eric clothes like always. The big things I got Eric were some shoes (casual), and a neck massager. We are so blessed and thankful for all that we have. Fletch even enjoyed his toys for about 10 minutes (that's how long it took him to destroy them). We leave tomorrow to go to Eric's parents, and we are excited to see them, but I hope that we don't give them the cold that we now all have! I just hope sweet girl feels better tomorrow and sleeps later than 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment