So, we had a very eventful Christmas break! We left for MS to go to Eric's parents' house with all three of us with colds. It was nice having Eric's parents help us take care of Kya, and she was in a good mood despite being stopped up. She got to visit Big Daddy's parents for the second time, which were the first great-grandparents that she has met. Then, we went to see my grandparents on Thursday, December 23rd, so Kya could meet another set of great-grandparents. Cousin Kim and Uncle Mike came in a few hours before we left, so Kya got to see them, too! On our way home, right inside the city limits of Aberdeen, I hit a deer going 70 miles an hour. It hit the windshield and rolled over the top. I don't remember anything, but seeing the deer right before we hit it. I think I closed my eyes and honked the horn and took my foot off the gas. Kya slept through the whole thing! Thank goodness! The funniest part of my car almost getting totaled was that someone was there to pick up the deer within about 10-15 minutes of us hitting the deer. Someone picked up the deer before the police got there! Typical! Let me just say that God was truly protecting us and looking after us during this whole ordeal. The police and highway patrolman who stopped to help us were so helpful and nice! Also, keep in mind it was Dec. 23rd, and we didn't get it towed into Columbus until 8 pm. We towed it to a shop called Burchfield's, and the owner happened to be there to take it in! We were worried about leaving it there the whole weekend since it was supposed to snow and rain, and my windshield was all busted and had holes in it, but God took care of us. Not to mention the tow truck guy was amazed that none of us even had a scratch. He just kept saying that he had picked up cars like this with bodies in them. Thankfully, Randy and Sandy have an extra car, so they let us take a car back to Auburn! So thankful! Christmas Day was awesome - we had snow on Christmas! Eric, Kya, and I racked up! We also had a nice feast compliments of Grams who is a great cook. (I have to put that because Eric always tells her I hate her cooking!) The snow definitely put me in a better mood, but unfortunately, Kya was getting worse. When we got back, we took Kya to the doctor because she wasn't getting any better. She still wasn't running a fever, but her cough sounded bad to me. She had an ear infection in her right ear and a RSV bronchial infection or something like that (fancy for common cold with bad cough). The ear infection was a surprise, and it's so hard to tell how bad she feels because she was still smiling and eating pretty well. Unfortunately, it was Eric's birthday, so we had to do lots of take-out and cancel our plans for the night, but we'll make it up when Nana comes next week. THEN, Kya had two bad nights of coughing fits, so I took her back to the doctor to get a nebulizer. I felt like the worst parent that she was so sick before I took her. In my defense, I called the doctor Wed before Christmas, and they told me not to take her in after describing her symptoms. I guess she just never runs a fever when she's really sick, which is so misleading! THEN, I started running a fever on Thursday, so I went in yesterday to get some drugs before my cough got as bad as Kya's. Needless to say, I am sick of being sick and sick of Kya being sick. Hopefully, the New Year will bring much better things!!!!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Happy New Year!
So, we had a very eventful Christmas break! We left for MS to go to Eric's parents' house with all three of us with colds. It was nice having Eric's parents help us take care of Kya, and she was in a good mood despite being stopped up. She got to visit Big Daddy's parents for the second time, which were the first great-grandparents that she has met. Then, we went to see my grandparents on Thursday, December 23rd, so Kya could meet another set of great-grandparents. Cousin Kim and Uncle Mike came in a few hours before we left, so Kya got to see them, too! On our way home, right inside the city limits of Aberdeen, I hit a deer going 70 miles an hour. It hit the windshield and rolled over the top. I don't remember anything, but seeing the deer right before we hit it. I think I closed my eyes and honked the horn and took my foot off the gas. Kya slept through the whole thing! Thank goodness! The funniest part of my car almost getting totaled was that someone was there to pick up the deer within about 10-15 minutes of us hitting the deer. Someone picked up the deer before the police got there! Typical! Let me just say that God was truly protecting us and looking after us during this whole ordeal. The police and highway patrolman who stopped to help us were so helpful and nice! Also, keep in mind it was Dec. 23rd, and we didn't get it towed into Columbus until 8 pm. We towed it to a shop called Burchfield's, and the owner happened to be there to take it in! We were worried about leaving it there the whole weekend since it was supposed to snow and rain, and my windshield was all busted and had holes in it, but God took care of us. Not to mention the tow truck guy was amazed that none of us even had a scratch. He just kept saying that he had picked up cars like this with bodies in them. Thankfully, Randy and Sandy have an extra car, so they let us take a car back to Auburn! So thankful! Christmas Day was awesome - we had snow on Christmas! Eric, Kya, and I racked up! We also had a nice feast compliments of Grams who is a great cook. (I have to put that because Eric always tells her I hate her cooking!) The snow definitely put me in a better mood, but unfortunately, Kya was getting worse. When we got back, we took Kya to the doctor because she wasn't getting any better. She still wasn't running a fever, but her cough sounded bad to me. She had an ear infection in her right ear and a RSV bronchial infection or something like that (fancy for common cold with bad cough). The ear infection was a surprise, and it's so hard to tell how bad she feels because she was still smiling and eating pretty well. Unfortunately, it was Eric's birthday, so we had to do lots of take-out and cancel our plans for the night, but we'll make it up when Nana comes next week. THEN, Kya had two bad nights of coughing fits, so I took her back to the doctor to get a nebulizer. I felt like the worst parent that she was so sick before I took her. In my defense, I called the doctor Wed before Christmas, and they told me not to take her in after describing her symptoms. I guess she just never runs a fever when she's really sick, which is so misleading! THEN, I started running a fever on Thursday, so I went in yesterday to get some drugs before my cough got as bad as Kya's. Needless to say, I am sick of being sick and sick of Kya being sick. Hopefully, the New Year will bring much better things!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment