Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving!








Kya has been busy these past few weeks. She is always flipping onto her stomach now. I think she likes being on her stomach because she can see everything better. It's funny, though because she will flip on her stomach then get tired of holding her head up and she'll start fussing, so we'll flip her onto her back, and then, she immediately just flips right back to her stomach. She now sleeps on her stomach as well. We put her down on her back, but she will immediately turn over. I'm scared to put a blanket in there with her anymore because she moves so much in her sleep, so Uncle Abel and Nana got Kya some sleep sacks, which are awesome! I guess techincally it says they're wearable blankets, but they are great. I'm just always worried she's going to get cold.

She is also eating stage 1 baby foods. I tried to get her to eat rice cereal after eating the baby food, and she just spits it out. I guess when you have had steak you don't want ground beef. She has loved everything so far. One thing is for sure - she is my daughter because she loves to eat! When we put her in her high chair, she immediately opens her mouth, and if I don't feed her fast enough, she let's me know.

Kya has also discovered her feet, and she loves to suck on her toes or pull her socks off and chew on them. She acts like she's teething with non-stop drool and sticking EVERYTHING in her mouth, but no teeth, yet. She's also been laughing more. She loves it when I act like I'm going to eat her hands and the other day I said Ho Ho Ho during a Christmas song, and she thought that was hilarious. One more Kya update - she barely takes morning naps, but if I'm lucky she'll take like a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, which has been great! I've been able to get a lot of dissertation work done in the afternoons, so I hope she keeps this schedule up!

Fletch has continued to adjust well to Kya. He just kind of sniffs Kya and walks off. She is very interested in him, though. She'll look at him especially when he barks. I think when she's bigger they'll be best friends. Fletch also met Mikey (my parent's dog) for the first time at Thanksgiving, and they actually got along very well.

We really enjoyed my parents, Abel, and Mikey coming to visit us for Thanksgiving. Publix made an exceptional dinner for us to enjoy, and Abel made us pizza from scratch (sauce and everything!) the next night. There are definitely perks to having a brother who worked at a pizza place during college. He has the pizza making down to an art. We were able to go to campus on a warm Thanksgiving day and play with the dogs. My cousin Kim was able to come over and meet Kya for the first time, and Kya loved her! On Friday, we enjoyed watching Auburn come from behind and beat Bama. We even went to Toomer's after the game to help roll the trees.

I also included some pictures of Kya in her beautiful dress that my friend Shannon embroidered for her! We tried to get her picture with Santa yesterday, and the people I talked to at the mall neglected to tell me that Santa takes a break at 5, which is exactly when we got there. Boo! We'll try again this week, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment