Monday, March 29, 2010

Trip to Waynesville and such

So, Eric and I took our last trip without children for a long time. We went to Waynesville, NC with Charlie and Rebecca. Rebecca's aunt and uncle graciously let us stay at their cabin, and we had the best time. We ate lots of desserts - poor Eric didn't get to enjoy them like the rest of us did, and lots of good food. We went hiking one day at Dupont State Park, which is beautiful. There are several waterfalls within this park. I was very careful, and Eric was watching my every move. It's so funny how he is so strict about everything I do, yet he is going to get his motorcycle license today! I put some pictures from us around the waterfalls, and one embarrassing one of Eric. He was so excited that he found this hat. He called it his camping hat, yet he tried to wear it every chance he got. He also almost bought this jean jacket that had a hooded sweatshirt sewn into it. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. He thought it was the coolest jacket. I told him I would have made him take it back because I would not go in public with him if he wore it....







Tomorrow I go in for my blood sugar test, and hopefully, I do not have gestational diabetes because I have grown quite fond of my nightly milkshake, which I make with reduced fat ice cream, so I don't feel as bad (or I just eat twice as much). I have definitely been indulging in the sweets more than I normally would, so I will miss that when she comes. It is definitely harder to move around, and I am not even that big yet. Meanwhile, Kya kicks or elbows or knees me every chance she gets. She will definitely be a great soccer player! Eric says it's because she already likes him better than me, and I bet that will be true when she comes because he will let her do whatever she wants until she hits puberty and boys start coming around.

Also, I had my first shower two weeks ago, and I have never felt more loved than I did at that shower. It was so neat to have my mom's family there and our close friends from Texas. Even Mom's old friends from college and Jasper made it! Kya got a lot of great things! Her Aunt Hayley and Mimi sent gifts for her as well. She is going to be one spoiled child. We'll be going back to visit Eric's parents to pick up a dresser that they so graciously gave us to match our other set and pick up the motorcycle they also very graciously gave Eric. The one reason I got talked into him getting the motorcycle was because it would save us gas money - my husband does know how to get me to say yes! I was dead set against it, but he is so excited, so it was really difficult to say no. Plus, I know he will be really careful, and promised me he will not ride on the interstate. It still makes me nervous, though! Lastly, Kya's bedding is all here now - thanks to Nana and Pop Noah. Mom helped me pick out her bedding, and it is super cute! I wish we were already moved, so I could start setting up her room!

No comments:

Post a Comment