Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We sold our house!!!

So, Eric and I were so excited yesterday because we finally sold our house. All I can say is that God gets all of the credit for this. We sold it for $1,000 less than we paid for it, which is just crazy considering the housing prices here and the economy. We close at the end of May, so we are looking for a place to rent until I finish school. I don't know why I am surprised when God does something awesome because we prayed AND prayed for the house to sell before the baby came to give us plenty of time to move and get settled, but for some reason, I guess I was not expecting for it to be so good! The crazy thing was the girl who bought our house put in a really low offer on Friday, so we had to counter, but we were not expecting her to pretty much agree to our counter because the bid was so low to begin with. It's also awesome because she is so excited to buy our house, so it's cool how God has provided us with a nice way out and given her a cute home that she loves.

I'm about to start my third trimester, and I can't believe it! I can't believe how the time has flown. In the mean time, I have my oral proposal for my dissertation next Friday, and I'll be finishing up my first class as the instructor. I guess I've been so busy that the weeks have literally flown. I quit wearing my backpack on campus because I feel like everyone is staring at me like that poor student got pregnant. I know I'm being paranoid, but I don't look any older than the freshmen. I'm sure they just think I gained the freshmen 15, and unfortunately it went all to my stomach. My stomach is starting to get rounder, so I guess you can tell. However, I have a theory about maternity clothes - I think they try to make you look bigger than you are. They emphasize the pooch. When I wear some of my normal clothes (the loose shirts), you can't tell as much, but when I wear the maternity stuff, it is so obvious..... Why do they want us to look bigger than we are? Why?

Here's two pictures of me in front of the beautiful SOLD sign!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Kandace I just stumbled across your blog! That's so exciting about the house! Yay...congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete