Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2, 2009

So, we have told Eric's family, and it was exciting! I feel like the two and a half weeks until I see my parents and brother is forever away. Eric and I are excited about the fact that we will have our baby at the next Christmas. We have already started our own traditions such as watching certain Christmas movies, and we have a ritual for putting up the Christmas decorations which is topped off with a Christmas movie once everything is set up. We can't wait to start new traditions as well as have Santa Claus!!! We do know one thing - this is the last Christmas that we will get a lot of presents, but you know what that's okay. I actually had to seriously think about what I wanted. I guess you finally just realize that you have all that you truly need, and when I try to think about shopping, all I think about is the baby and what it is going to need. I am getting more and more excited about becoming a mom. I guess now that I am almost 9 weeks - I feel more comfortable getting attached to Baby Ballard. I didn't want to be pessimistic, but I knew how badly I would hurt if the baby didn't make it. However, it was such a miracle that I got pregnant in the first place that I knew God had a plan for this baby, and He knew our tight schedule. I can't believe I have held onto this secret from our friends and my family for 5 weeks!!!! December 18th, and I get to tell!!! YAY! Two weeks from tomorrow, and I get to hear baby's heart beat, which will be such an awesome experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment