Saturday, September 20, 2014

Vacation 2014!

Last week we had our first family vacation as a family of four, and I will tell you this - in the seven years we have been married, we have never had so much trouble trying to go on vacation....

It all started when I picked Bailey up from daycare and she was running a 102 fever.  She had zero other symptoms, so I brought her home, gave her meds and waited to see if it got worse.  Eric went to church (it was Wednesday), and when he got home, the medicine had dropped it to 99 and she had eaten all of her food and was acting totally fine.  We thought it might be teething related, so we drove to my parents (to break up the trip to Grapevine) in Montgomery to stay the night and see how she was in the morning.  We'd decided that Eric and Kya would go if Bailey was not better the next morning.

Bailey slept decent, and her temperature was 99 in the morning after the medicine had worn off and she was eating, etc just fine, so we decided to go.  Everything was going pretty smoothly until about an hour away from Great Wolf Lodge when I noticed the tire indicator.  I asked Eric what that meant, and he said low tire pressure, but we will just check it when we get there.  Five minutes later, we were pulling over off of I-45.  So, the great thing about when you go on vacation and have to change your tire is that you have to unload your entire trunk (which has about 99% of your house when you have a baby).  Eric got to work, and he had the tire changed in less than 20 minutes - unfortunately, we had to buy a new tire when we got there....  So, we continued on and I wondered what would happen next!

Right before we pulled up to Great Wolf Lodge, I looked at Eric and told him I had forgotten to pack my swimsuit.  I had made a list of about 50 things, but my bathing suit was not one of them.....  Thankfully, Target was having a massive sale, and I was able to get one for under $15!

Then.....the next morning we woke up and it was 50 degrees outside and the high was going to be 65. Being from Houston, 50 degrees is freezing to me.  Did we have any warm clothes? Of course not!  I knew a front was coming through, but in Houston, it was only supposed to be 80, so like a dummy, I assumed it would not be that much cooler in Dallas.  So, we got to go to the Outlet Mall and buy some warm clothes.  The one positive was that the waterpark is in inside, so we were still able to enjoy it in spite of the terrible weather!

Once we finally got there, we had a great time!  The staff was amazing.  The waterpark was so much fun, too.  If you book in advance, you can save 20%, so it's a really good deal when you consider the waterpark admission is included in the room rate.  We will definitely be going back!  We also got to play with one of Kya's friends from daycare because her family was there at the same time.   Here are some pictures of the trip!

Kya at our Mommy and Me pedicure!

Bailey was pretty much confined to the room to rest.

Coloring her Great Wolf Lodge shirt in the Cub Club

Holding "Kari"

My makeshift blanket for Bailey

One part of the indoor waterpark

Getting our tattoo right before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment