Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Summer is over.....

August was a busy month with visits from Grams and Hayley, Eric going on a youth beach trip (and me taking care of girls by myself for multiple days in a row for the first time - which neither slept good both nights he was gone.....),  Kya starting Pre-K, and Bailey becoming more and more mobile!  We have also been undergoing some changes at our jobs - our pastor, Eric's boss, has recently taken a job at another church, which we are sad to see him leave, but excited for his new journey AND WM has been restructuring the corporate office in a major way.  So lots of changes for both of us!

Back to the important stuff - the ladies!  Bailey has been rolling all over the place, and she is constantly grabbing everything in reach and sticking it in her mouth.  She especially likes sucking on tags - she will always find the tag on anything you give her.  Her bottom two teeth are taking FOREVER to come in, but I can finally feel them under her gums.  She is so close to crawling and gets really frustrated when she can't do it.  She also has this weird grunting thing she will do.  She especially likes to do it when we are all sitting at the dinner table or you are trying to feed her.  It's like this deep-throated grunting.  It sounds painful to me, but she loves doing it....  Hopefully, she will saying things like "Ma", "Pa", etc soon instead of the painful grunting.  She is still giggly and smiley most of the time - unless she is hungry, of course.

Kya has started Pre-K, and absolutely loves it.    She had her first night of homework, and she wanted to do all of it immediately.  We would tell her - we can finish later - "No, I need to do it now!" - followed by "I love homework."  She has also quit dance and started gymnastics.  I'm not really sure what changed in one week, but she loves gymnastics!  She will try anything, and so, I am thankful for that!  The other cool thing about her starting gymnastics is that she is taking at the place I took when I was younger.  It was kind of neat going in there and watching her.  The gym is a little different, but it is laid out pretty much how I remember it!  Little bug still loves barbies, dolls, Frozen anything, books, watching Christmas movies at all times of the year, and trying to tell us what to do.  Eric and I are very blessed to have two beautiful daughters!  If only I could convince Eric to have one more......





No comments:

Post a Comment