I wish I didn't go so long between posts, but the truth is I barely have 5 minutes to myself ever... Plus, I've been having to work at home at night. Ahhh the life of a consultant! Kya has continued to strengthen her immune system by getting everything - including pneumonia, which I do not wish on any parent EVER. Thankfully, we never had to go to the ER, but I definitely called the nurse's line twice at 10 at night. I've never been so scared hearing my child breathe, and she had RSV last year. Then, a few weeks later, she got the croup. In between that, she had a few colds. I think the longest she has gone without being sick is like 5 days. Hopefully, she will grow out of this! I will say this - she is a tough little girl, and she still tries to go full speed even when she is really sick. We have to force her to rest!
We are going to have our hair cut this weekend. If you have seen any pictures on facebook of her - you would know about her mullet-like hair. She has started to like wearing clips and bows in her hair, but she takes them out, and then, gives them back to me to put back in (which gets old after awhile).
Her 18-month check up went so well. She is 27 pounds, and I can't remember her height off the top of my head, but she is in the 67th percentile, and the 80th percentile for weight. The doctor told us she could have 2% milk now.... She is a little tank! Her head is now back on the growth chart at 96th percentile, so we were very happy about that. Our doctor in Auburn was slightly worried at her 12 month check up because her head was off the charts, but apparently, her head just had a growth spurt, and is now slowing down. She hated the shots, so I took her to get ice cream, which she loved, but when it was gone, she threw a fit, so we had to leave rather quickly! I'm not enjoying the tantrums, but she is easy to get back under control. Thankfully, they don't last too long. She mainly will just start sucking her thumb, which I hope she quits soon...BUT it helps soothe her when she is having a meltdown...
Kya is also talking so much more now - you really have to watch what you say. She mainly will copy what you say by just saying the first syllable. I told her that her poop was gross, and she looks at me and goes "GRO!". She still babbles in her own language sometimes, too. Kya is also very good at taking directions. She is very helpful when I tell her to put things away or throw something away. It is so amazing to me at how much she understands even though she can't verbalize everything that she is thinking. She tried to feed Fletch the other day - it was so funny - she got his food out of the pantry and tried to put it in his bowl. Another exciting thing is that we are starting to familiarize her with the potty. They don't start training at her day care until 2, but she can tell me when she goes to the bathroom, so I thought - hey, why not! She loves the potty. One night she was grunting trying to get some pee out. It was hilarious. Then, she'll tell me to get on the potty and go with her. I'm so happy that she is not resistant, and when her daycare is ready to start potty training her for real - she will be so ready. I'm so thankful that God gave her to us, and I just wish I had more time to spend with her! It's hard being a full-time working mom - I'm still getting used to being away from her all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment