December was no less eventful than the past few months! We celebrated Jolie and her baby girl, Halley, who will be here any day, but not without any issues! When Jolie was on the way to her shower, someone hit her car, and she had to go to the hospital to be monitored for the night. Thankfully, baby Halley did not make her appearance, and Jolie was fine. So, we got to have the shower the next day instead. Even though everything didn't go as planned, we were still so excited to shower Jolie with gifts for Halley. I forgot to mention that Kya threw up several times during the weekend!
The next weekend was Christmas, which was nice and relaxing. I love living 15 minutes from my parents where my entire break is not spent traveling - especially since I don't get much time with Kya during the week. She was not sick for once, and we all enjoyed waking up at our house and seeing Kya's expressions as she opened all of her gifts. Her big gift from us was a kitchen, and my parents got her a table and a chairs to go in her play room, which is now busting at the seams with toys! Then, we went to church, which I have never done before on Christmas, but it was so neat to see everyone and be able to celebrate Jesus' birthday with our church family. Kya was good as long as we provided her with snacks. After Kya took her nap, we went to my parents' house to celebrate with them and my brother, and we had prime rib, which was delicious!
I was able to take a vacation day for Eric's birthday on the 27th, and we went to eat at a local seafood and steakhouse for lunch. Then, we went to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes 2. We started the tradition of seeing a movie on our birthdays because it is so expensive to go, so it is a treat on that day. It was really nice to spend time with each other since we don't get many days - just the two of us.
For New Year's, Grams and Big Daddy came all the way from Mississippi to celebrate Christmas a week later. We all racked up for the third time! Kya got a tent, shopping cart, and more items for her kitchen (and other stuff I'm sure I am forgetting, but she got a lot this year!). On Saturday night, things started to go south - Kya got a fever and had one off and on for the next few days. On Monday, we took her to the doctor (which everyone was closed!), and they took a chest x-ray, but the final diagnosis was bronchialitis. The next day I got a phone call that she also had pneumonia. This sickness was absolutely terrible because she either coughed and threw up or she would start coughing and couldn't breathe until we started giving her a breathing treatment. At least we already had the nebulizer, and her tubes are working great! We then went to the ENT on Thursday because I just didn't think she was getting better, but she was doing much better than I thought, but he did give her a steroid to help with the inflammation. She is now doing much better, and does not have a cough at all. I just hope she can stay well for longer than a week! I was so thankful that my mom was able to help Eric and I out so that we didn't have to take too much time off of work. Thanks Nana!
Update on Kya:
Words she can say: More (Mo), Bye (which she does every time we leave the room), Hi, Da-Da, Ma-Ma, Nana (bananas and Nana), Zeez (please), yeah, cracker (crackah), uh-oh (which she says when she does things on purpose), the dreaded NO, dog (doh), buddy (what we call fletch (buh)), yay, gooalll (best ever!)
Kya loves music, puzzles, Elmo, and playing hide and go seek. We love playing hide and go seek, and right after she finds us, she tells us to go "hi" and points. She loves saying yay and clapping - it's awesome when we're in church and it's quiet, and she goes yay really loudly. She still eats like a champ, and while she has slimmed quite a bit, her belly is still as round as ever. Her hair is getting long, but she refuses to let me put bows in her hair. She likes playing soccer, and she yells goal randomly. I think that was the funniest thing that we taught her. She is becoming very independent, too. Sometimes she wants to feed herself, and she is trying to put her clothes on by herself. She is also becoming quite the little helper. She helps me clean, and she recently likes bringing me my shoes and trying to put them on me. Love her! We are loving every minute of watching her grow up. It's exhausting, but very fun! I just wish I got to spend more time with her every day.
Christmas Eve service!
Waking up on Christmas morning:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment