Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ear Infections and Bouncing!







So, I have a funny story for today, but I want to preface it by saying that we have been to the doctor twice this month - once with the flu and RSV and the other time with double ear infections, which was a result of RSV and the flu. So, today, I walked into Kya's Sunday School class, and she moved up today to the babies that are sitting- anyways, I walked in and dropped her off. I spied a kid with snot just running down her nose, and I almost grabbed Kya and walked back out, but I decided that I was probably being too dramatic, so I just left. I got back to youth Sunday School and told Eric about the snot nose kid, and Eric said, "Go, back and get her now!". I told him I would feel weird and what was I supposed to say - um, that kid has snot coming out of her nose, and I don't want her near my child who is finally not snot nosed. So, Eric tells me that he'll go get her, and she will just sit in his lap during Sunday School while he's teaching his group, so I give him the pager and number thing. He goes in there and tells them that something came up, and Kya had to leave. I guess it's not that funny, but seriously - I am so leery of taking her to the nursery now. I know the other times she probably got her sickness from CDO, but seriously, who brings their kid snot-nosed to church?!?! I mean she had green snot dripping out of her nose! Come on, people! You can skip church to take care of your kid - or at least prevent them from infecting other kids!!!! I am getting fired up thinking about it right now.

Back to Kya - she is now 18.5 pounds (not sure about height because they only weighed her at the doctor), and she loves bouncing. She bounces when you hold her, when she's sitting down, and she loves when you sit her up on the bed and let her bounce. She has also become quite fascinated with the Laugh and Learn kitchen that Grams and Big Daddy got her for Christmas. She loves pulling the faucet down, and touching all of the different parts of the kitchen and listening to the songs that go along with it. She eats 4 times a day, and she still LOVES to eat! She will eat any baby food we give her, but she really likes fruit. I think she likes peaches the best. However, she is not a picky eater, which is fabulous. I also started feeding her rice cereal in the morning - she doesn't like it as much, but I give it to her anyways. One of my least favorite things that Kya does now is she screams any time I leave her eye sight. Seriously, I can't even go to the bathroom. I'm sure my neighbors think I just let her cry all the time, but I think it might be a bit gross to have her in the bathroom with me.

Kya and Fletch (and Eric) really spoiled me this year for Valentine's Day even after I told Eric that I hate Valentine's Day and I think it's stupid and please don't get me anything. He's a good husband, and doesn't listen to me. :). I came home from school to a dozen yellow roses with pink on the edge (don't know what they're called, but they are my favorite rose), cupcakes from Taylor's bakery, and a massage from our gym. Kya and I made Eric a card, so I felt like a jerk that Eric went to all of this effort and all I did was make him a card with Kya. The card was pretty cool, though - Kya crumpled up a piece of paper that I glued to it, and I somehow got her to scribble with a pen on some paper. So, technically, Eric now has her first scribbles and art work. I guess that's cool, but Eric did way better than me. I still stand by my words that I hate V-day, though. Why are we supposed to especially show how we feel on one day - shouldn't you do that every day!! No, I am not a sap, but I don't understand why one day should be different - you should always tell your husband you love them and how much they mean to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey kandace, I just came across your blog. 1st off I am with you on v-day..i like to say we celebrate everyday:) 2nd- welcome to motherhood. I hardly ever use the bathroom or take a shower without an audience. You'll get used to it. Sorry to hear kya has been sick. Hope she stays well now that weather is getting better maybe most kids will be well and not contaminating her.

    ReplyDelete