Sunday, July 25, 2010

3 weeks!






I can't believe Kya is already 3 weeks old! She is growing so fast! Eric and I are getting a decent amount of sleep, and he has started helping with the middle of the night feedings - thank you pump! Kya gets gas really bad, so some nights are worse than others - I guess depending on what I eat. Eric decided to do a full night for me one time, and she did not sleep the entire night - bless her heart. I don't know if it has fully set in that we are parents, but it is so much fun, and she is so precious. It's crazy how much she changes! She is definitely more alert and vocal than she was the first week. She's pretty laid back unless she has crazy gas or is hungry or has a nasty diaper. Funny moments from the past few weeks:
- She sprayed Eric's hand with poop one day when he was changing her
- She peed on me the other day while I was feeding her. I'm not sure how that happened - yes she was wearing a diaper. It's funny how when it's your kid, it doesn't seem that gross.
- She smiles when she has gas. It's really sweet.
- She was following Eric's dad with her eyes, and sometimes she looks at me so intently it seems like she knows what I am saying.
- She turns bright red when she's "working things out"
- Sometimes when she wants to eat she puts her mouth in this "o" shape, and it is so cute!

Basically, I think that she is the cutest baby ever, and she has gotten so much bigger in just three weeks! Eric and I are so blessed to be her parents!!!! We'll be headed to Texas tomorrow, and hopefully, Miss K decides to sleep most of the way. We'll be going to the MLS all-star game on our 3 year anniversary (July 28th), and we'll go to an Astros game with Jolie and Adam. So excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment