I am now 13 weeks along, and we'll find out the sex of the baby in four weeks. Eric is praying for a boy. When we pray together at night, he asks at least every other night if God would give him a boy. I don't have the heart to tell him that was determined at conception.... I would be happy either way, but I kind of think it's going to be a girl. I have no reasoning except that I woke up several days ago, and can't shake the feeling that it is a girl. Latest girl names: Audrey Belle or Kiley Belle (Eric's mom's maiden name is Bell, and I think it is so cute as a middle name). I have always said that I wanted two boys, but I am really just thrilled that God gave us a child whatever it is. What is weird is that I haven't gained any weight over the break despite all of the food I have eaten. I can feel my lower stomach bump - you can't see it, but you can feel it. I know most women would want to slap me in the face for complaining about this, but I kind of want the baby bump. However, I do like that I can still wear all of my clothes. That is pretty awesome! I guess maternity shopping will have to wait another month (or two???). The baby now has two pieces of major furniture! My parents were very generous and bought our crib, which is actually different from the one I originally picked out, but thanks to my researcher dad, he found a better quality crib for only $20 more dollars. It looks almost exactly like the other crib I fell in love with, and it comes with the toddler rails as well. On Saturday, Eric and I found a dresser at World Market for $300 off! It is super nice, and it should match the bed okay. We could not believe our good luck! Thank you God! And thanks to Randy's generous Christmas gift, I only had to pay for half of it! Here are links to the baby's furniture so far:
http://www.walmart.com/Delta-Canton-4in1-Crib-Espresso/ip/10811674
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3557715
Both of the pieces look much darker than the pictures here, and I think they will go very nicely together! It feels great to have two major purchases taken care of, and we got awesome deals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kandace I am SO happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI went back and read all your posts. I had morning sickness (all day sickness) all through my pregnancy. It helped if I ate crackers before I got up in the morning. Just one or two.
Also I would suck on jolly ranchers. I love peppermint but it made me sick while pregnant. I also lost my taste for sweets (but it mostly returned).
Christmases are different once you have a baby! I didn't think twice about gifts for myself the last two years...I felt so incredibly blessed her first Christmas as she graced us with an early arrival and I had some scary post pregnancy health problems. This Christmas was so exciting to do things for Betsy.
Each day gets better with her. I really don't think being a parent is hard, I think it's brought me closer to God, my husband, and made me a better person. I'm more positive. I have people the bennefit of the doubt more.
Let me know if you need anything and you'd BETTER let me know as soon as you have a name picked out! And a nursery color scheme or theme so I can do some sewing for you.
Love you lots!
Shannon
Congrats Kandace!!! Love the new blog and can't wait to keep up with yall via blog world!
ReplyDelete~Christy