Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving!

We enjoyed getting to spend Thanksgiving with both sets of grandparents this year!  It is such a blessing to be able to share the holidays with both, and I am so thankful that our girls will grow up to know all four of their grandparents.  Unfortunately, they were both stopped up, coughing, etc. the whole break!




School Picture!



So update on the girls!

Kya:
We have been working on having table manners, and so, this means that you are not allowed to say poop or booty at the table (it was getting out of control!).  Well, Kya will get up and stand about 10 feet from the table if she needs to say poop or booty in the middle of dinner.  It is quite hysterical - and she will do this even if she is the only one sitting there coloring or making something.  Eric and I have also had to spend time in time out for saying poop or booty at the table.

She has been doing so well at memorizing her bible verses from church.  I love hearing her say her memory verse!  She has some pretty special ladies at our church that have done an amazing job with her!

She has been praying more and more on her own.  We don't push her to pray before she goes to bed - Eric or I will pray, but now, she is starting to want to pray, too.  

Kya is also getting really into telling stories and writing them.  Eric and I will transcribe for her.  I love her imagination!

Bailey:
Bailey just had her first ear infection, which is probably a miracle considering she is 10 months and has been in day care since 7 weeks!  I must say - we have reaped the benefits of breast milk!  I am thankful that I have been able to produce for this long!  Two more months!

She can stand on her own for a few seconds and is literally into everything.  She hates being by herself, too.  She will scream if you put her in the "baby cage".  If we get in there with her, she does not mind being in there.

She has had a lot of other firsts, too - she is now eating table food.  She has done so well, too.  Kya would choke on everything, but Bailey mashes it really well with her gums and four teeth.  She has tried everything I give her, and has gotten to where she wants to feed herself only.  She took her first bath with Kya, and tried to climb out several times because I think she was like - why am I not in my bathtub!  Then, she finally settled down and was giggling and splashing with Kya.

She can also climb the stairs!  This girl can wear you out!  

I can't believe how fast it is going!  She will be one in January.  I think I will probably cry the whole day since this is probably our last one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment