So, Kya had the flu this past week despite getting a flu shot. We took her in the first day because her fever shot up, and got some Tamiflu, which worked awesome! We had to call the doctor 4 hours after we were there because Kya could not keep anything down at all. She was to the point of dry heaving, which was scaring the mess out of Eric and me. They called in Zofran, which worked wonders immediately. I learned a few things during this experience:
1. If you tell the receptionist that your child was vomiting in the parking lot, you get to the front of the line to see the doctor.
2. If the swab that was used to get a sample from her nose to test for flu goes in your mouth, you still may not get the flu (true story!).
3. The flu can cause your kid to vomit worse than a stomach bug.
4. I love the snuggles I get from Kya when she is sick. I loved holding her as she slept. It made me miss having a baby.
5. I will always take Kya in the day I think she has the flu to get Tamiflu!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry she had the flu:( Hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDelete