Sunday, July 22, 2012
Kya's Birthday!
We celebrated Kya turning 2 a few weeks ago. We had her birthday party on June 30th, and Eric and I took her to the zoo on her actual birthday, July 2nd. I can't believe 2 years have already passed - I guess each one will be go by faster! For her birthday party, we had all of the grandparents and a bunch of close friends. Kya's big gifts were a rocking horse (named Lacey that talks), a wagon, and a bicycle (which Kya actually pronounces perfectly. Grams helped her decorate her own cake, and Nana got her a cake with her picture on it. On Monday, Kya's actual birthday, Eric and I took a vacation day and took Kya to the zoo. It was the first time that Kya had ever been to the zoo, and I think she enjoyed it a lot. We got there right when it opened, so it was not too hot or crowded. I think it was fun for her to see all of the animals that she has read about. Her favorite animal was the elephant!
Since Kya turned two, she has moved up to a new class, and I think she is enjoying it. She has started to sing songs for us and she can now count to 20 by herself as well as counting to 10 in Spanish. We are starting to potty train now that her new class will take them to the potty. However, she is a bit resistant to going. Once she is on the potty, it is fine, but getting to the potty is the hard part. One weird thing that she does is she goes to sleep with her books. She will sleep with her books as pillows. It is pretty hysterical! She still likes to tell us what to do, and she repeats everything, which forces us to always watch what we say. She is starting to put sentences together, too. Lastly, she loves helping. She will look at us and say "Tya, help!" anytime we are doing something that she thinks she can do. I hope this keeps up!
Lastly, this past Saturday, we got to take a trip to the doctor for a bite on Kya's arm. She woke up on Saturday morning at 2 am screaming, and the next morning we noticed that this one bite was really swollen, hot and red. We called the doctor to ask what to look for, and they told us to immediately come in. The doctor thought it was a mosquito bite that got really infected, so she is on an antibiotic three times a day for 7 days for a MOSQUITO BITE! I did not think that was possible! Apparently, she is very allergic to mosquitoes! The crazy thing is that we slather her in repellent any time we go outside at night because they are terrible here. The doctor told us that she might always have a reaction like this! Beware of these mutant mosquitoes in Houston!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Crazy about the mosquitos!
ReplyDelete