Sunday, August 21, 2011

Texas Forever!






Well, it has been a busy summer! We have officially moved to Houston, Texas, and I have been at my new job for 2 weeks. I am still in training, so I can't exactly tell you what I will be doing because they place me in 2 weeks. The company I work for is a consulting firm called Quorum Business Solutions, and they develop, implement and support software products for the oil, gas, and wind companies. I have actually enjoyed most of my training, and the class (there are 9 other people in my class). So, I really like it so far minus my 45 minute (sometimes hour) commute.

We are living with my parents until we find a house, and that is going really well (surprisingly!). We are looking in a town called Deer Park, which is literally on the other side of town. Eric is the candidate that the search committee of a Baptist church is recommending to the church for a vote the second weekend of September. I will tell you the name as soon as it is official! But, the vote is pretty much a formality. We have been looking for houses, but we haven't found anything that we love. Plus, there is not much on the market in Deer Park because apparently, when people move there, they don't leave. All in God's timing, I guess! My commute won't change much, so I am not in that big of a rush to find a house. Plus, it has been nice to spend so much time with my family, and we aren't getting on each other's nerves just yet! It's also nice to have two extra sets of hands now that Kya is walking!

Kya and Eric are in MS right now visiting Grams, Big Daddy, Fletch, and Aunt Hayley. I am so glad that Eric thought to go visit them since the vote isn't for three more weeks, but they will be gone for 10 days!!! That is by far the longest I have gone without seeing my sweet angel (and Eric!)! I know that she will be loved and well taken care of, though!

Kya has learned so much in the past month! She is walking, can climb the stairs by herself, gives the best hugs, "talks" with you in her own language, helps put on her clothes, eats big people food like a champ, and loves the water. She is not afraid of anything and wants to do things by herself. When we take her to the pool, she will try to dive out of our hands and will stick her face in the water like the big kids around her. The other night when I was giving her a bath, she would not let me take her out even after the water was drained. She started screaming when I finally was able to get her out. I couldn't help but laugh about how much she loves bath time. She loves to splash! She also does not want me to hold her hand when she walks anymore - she is a big girl! I just can't believe how big she is and all of the things she can do now. Okay - one last Kya brag - she is so social - when we go anywhere, she will stare people down until they look at her, and then she gives them a big smile and waves (which looks more like she is saying come here or she is waving at herself), but we meet so many strangers because of her. She is soooo not shy! When we took her to the day care that she will be going to, she kept wanting to go and play with all of the kids. I am so thankful for that! I think she is going to love day care (which she has never been full time) because she will get to play with other kids. One last thing - she loves having books read to her. I'll finish it, and she will take it and flip to the front of the book and hand it back to me. I normally quit after 5 or 6 times, and she gets a little fussy when I do. I love that she loves to read, though! Her favorite book right now is The Hungry Caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment