Thursday, June 9, 2011

Boo for sickness!

So, Kya is getting over a nasty I don't know what. I don't think it was a cold, but allergies. Anyways, she had a nasty cough, and we had to pull out the nebulizer and put it back into commission. Eric and I took shifts sleeping with her on a pallet in the living room. She would wake up, and wouldn't go back to sleep by herself, so we figured it would be easier to just have one of us not sleep at a time than both of us! So, a week later, I went to the doctor wanting to demand the steroid cough syrup (which I had a little left over from Christmas and gave her over the weekend) to find out her lungs were clear and she had two ear infections! I wasn't even thinking that she could have ear infections! Good thing I took her in because I was about to just let the cold or whatever run its course because her cough sounded better. Plus, she never runs a fever, and she was climbing on me like a human jungle gym at the doctor. She is now back to sleeping through the night. Thank goodness! I am so spoiled by it, and when she doesn't do it, I can only take about a week before I get crazy tired. I don't know how we did it when she was first born. It was a blur to say the least. I do feel like I am getting better at knowing what to do when she's sick, but obviously I am still clueless! I love antibiotics, though!!!

Kya is crawling so fast now! She can stand for moments at a time, and she will try to take steps with only one hand balancing herself. Her favorite thing to do is get into things we repeatedly tell her not to get into. She loves pulling the DVDs off of the shelf. She is also extremely hard to change now. She flips over and tries to stand up on her changing table. I had to put her in her bed and let her stand while I dressed her last night after her bath. It's not easy putting a diaper on a walking baby. The only time she lies still is if she has a poopy - thank goodness! My dad drove down from Atlanta to see us on Tuesday for lunch! Kya enjoyed all of the extra attention and showed him her "walking" skills. It's harder and harder to take her out now. She sits still for about 20 minutes, and then, she somehow gets out of the strap holding her in the high chair and tries to stand up in it. She still hasn't said a true first word unless you count da-da-da, which Eric does. She loves making her "s" sound still. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but she has started shaking her head no when we talk to her. It's pretty hilarious. We ask a question, and she just shakes her head "no". I guess we do that too much to her right now. She has also started throwing little tantrums when we don't do what she wants, which we just ignore and let her lie on the ground. Then, she gets up like 10 seconds later and does something else. I am semi-ready for her to start walking - one- it will be easier than having to walk her around all the time, but then, it means I have to baby proof even more, which is going to be tough when we start packing up in a few weeks! Well, that is the Kya update.

No comments:

Post a Comment