This weekend was very special for us as our dear friends got married on Saturday. Shelly worked for Eric the past two years, and she has been such a wonderful asset to the ministry. Dustin started to lead the worship for the junior high last year, and he has done a wonderful job! Eric was given the honor of co-officiating their wedding, and he did a wonderful job. It was so special to watch how excited they were to marry one another and just watch as two wonderful families were brought together. I hope and pray that Kya's wedding day is as special as the one we were able to attend on Saturday. I know Eric and my day was very special, but to tell you the truth I don't really remember much about it! It seems like such a blur, so from a wedding that I was able to just watch, I enjoyed every minute of this one. I feel like I should also say that I have been a part of several other VERY special days, and I am thankful and honored to have served as a bridesmaid in several of my dear friends' weddings as well.
We were so thankful that Eric's parents came in town to watch Kya so we were able to go to the rehearsal dinner and wedding without having to take her. We had many people ask where she was, but it would have been too much for her, and if Shelly wanted to hear dolphin noises and screeching during her ceremony, it was best that Kya stayed at home. She had a great weekend of playing with Big Daddy and Grams. They also cooked us two GREAT meals, and stocked us up on diapers, another toy, and outfit for Kya! I thought our parents taking care of us would stop when we got married, but our parents always seem to take care of us when they come into town, and it is wonderful - hopefully, when I have my REAL job, we will be taking care of them. However, I do still like being taken care of! I guess you never truly grow up when the parents are around. We are so blessed!
I have posted a few pictures from the wedding and of Kya "reading" a book that Nana (my mom) got her. She turns the pages and waves her hands with the music. It is too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment