Tuesday, April 19, 2011
9-month Check-up
We went to the doctor yesterday for Kya's 9-month visit, and she is growing so well! She is 28 3/4" and 20 lbs. 10 oz. She is in the 75th percentile for weight and height. I was getting all worried about her feeding schedule because I feel like I just make it up, but the doctor told me to just go with my gut, and that obviously, Kya is growing well, so we're doing fine. I just read stuff about other people's babies eating more baby food than her or eating more variety. I know she gets plenty of milk, but I am just confused about when do you make the transition to feeding less milk and more of other fluids and more baby food. Oh well - she is growing and eating great, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and make changes as I see fit. I guess this is how the rest of parenthood will go - every child is different, so there is no one size fits all guide to this stuff! I wonder if other people feel as clueless as I do! Back to the appointment - Kya only had to get one shot, and she scrunched her face up and turned red, but she didn't cry. We had the same nurse as last time, and I was so happy because she does an awesome job giving shots! When Kya was about to cry, we just kept saying you're okay over and over, and she just stopped and started smiling. Amazing! I guess I'm not too surprised because that little girl loves to play rough and hardly ever cries when she falls down or bumps her head. I am thankful for that because I am definitely one of those people that is like "suck it up, you're fine!" I'm also thankful she has quit crying when she gets her shots because now, I don't cry anymore when she gets them. :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment